St Mungo's Broadway Apprenticeship Scheme
In 2008 St Mungo's Broadway developed a client trainee scheme to give people who had lived experience of homelessness the skills and experience they need to find a job within the homelessness sector or further afield. Since then, the scheme has gone from strength to strength and is now called the Apprenticeship Scheme (in recognition of the qualification that is attached to it).
This is the only scheme in the homelessness sector that is only open to those with lived experience of homelessness.
Check this page for updates on forthcoming recruitment for London and Bristol.
Aims of the Scheme:
- To provide employment opportunities for those with lived experience of homelessness
- To provide a supported and structured route to gain the necessary skills and knowledge to become effective Project Workers
- The Scheme has provided employment for 85 people with lived experience of homelessness
- 98% of Apprentices completed the programme
- 64% of those who completed the programme were still in employment with St Mungo's Broadway in 2013
- There were 20 new starters in 2013 (including 11 new posts)
- Silver Winner at The Learning Awards 2014 (Apprenticeship Programme of the Year category), hosted by Learning & Performance Institute
- Finalist at Skills for Care Accolades 2013/14 (Best Employer Support for Apprenticeships category)
- Shortlisted for Care Support West Awards 2014 (The Team)
Watch our Apprenticeship film.
Listen to Chantelle and Anthony talk about their apprenticeships in films made by Skills for Care:
To find out more about Apprenticeships at St Mungo's Broadway contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Find out more.
Who can applyFind out more about who is eligible for our Apprenticeship SchemeFind out more
What can I gain?Information about how the scheme can help you find workFind out more
Want to join?Frequently Asked Questions about how the apprenticeship scheme can help you find workFind out more
Information for staffFrequently Asked Questions about how the apprenticeship scheme can help clients into workFind out more